(>_<)




Elder Thuern and I had to jump this gate because we got locked inside the church parking lot 


Baptism for Froggie- Panha


ពីទីបុណ្យច្រមុចទឹក- from the diving festival, word of the week means baptism but I thought the Google translate was funny so yeah. Diving festival, speaking of which, my friend Panha, or "froggie" as we like to call him got baptized! Very awesome experience 👏!


Haircut- pulled up on a dude who was taking a nap in his barber chair, and had him clean us up. Excellent job, considering I couldn't understand any of his questions about what I wanted done with the hair. All I could really say is "please make me beautifle", sit down in the chair and hope for the best. 
But yeah the launguage is coming but the more I learn the farther I realize I have to go. Conversations with native speakers eventually need to get passed on to my native companion. Listening to Americans talk is more hopeful, but I would liken the whole experience of conversational comprehention unto a game of darts. Except there is no point limit and the targets are on a small (in motion) carousel and also rotating around each of their bullseye. Each word spoken in speech is a dart thrown at a random target, and my objective in a conversation is to count up the points really quick before to many darts get thrown and I lose track forever. I feel my brain going into ultra instinct mode😎 sometimes, but it's not sustainable, and my brain reels and staggers. Sometimes all the words are known to me but fixing them into their places and meanings can be so difficult. And its not always so bad, sometimes everything works out, and thats really cool. But If only I could think 3 times faster, or even press pause on the world, I could count all the darts always and figure out what they mean Ezpz.
But alas I guess I'll just have to get good with what I've got, and just keep trying till I don't need to anymore.
Keep it real till next time ⏲️ 💯 😌 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ta kmou = tma koul

អ្នកក្លែងបន្លំ.ចំណោមយើង